We are a family School at heart from its very beginnings and this is what we transmit to our pupils, a sense of belonging to our ECI community made up of pupils, families and School staff to develop our Identity Project. In this Project we work on a series of institutional activities that complement the School Educational Project.
» Family Renponsible Company
From the moment it was founded by Mrs. Randell, the English Centre has strived to provide a family-oriented environment for pupils, staff, and families, with favourable conditions for learning, personal development and a healthy balance of family and professional life.
Along our journey towards the ECI Vision, we have developed a number of different strategies to emphasise the importance of values, family life and the provision of an environment which enables all of our school community to grow together.
To consolidate this work we have incorporated the EFR model, a system which looks to manage the family-work life balance of our school community, in a way which will allow us to grow and form a better society together. In addition to this, the EFR model promotes innovative ethical values, in order to maximise our positive impact on the community and environment we live in.
This model was developed by the Mas Familia Foundation, and has been endorsed by the Ministry of Health, Consumer Affairs and Social Welle-being. It has also been recognised as ‘Good Practice’ by the UN.
In November the school passed the external audit of the different aspects of the EFR model. Throught the participation of staff, students and families we have gained the EFR certificate with a grade B (A proactive workplace with respect to family conciliation). This means we are now one of the national level reference organisations in this field for other education centres. https://www.masfamilia.org/entidades-efr/
This is an achievement to be proud of, and to ensure we maintain this we should continue working together hand-in-hand as a community.
How do we achieve a warm homely environment?
» Families are participants in all School activities and events. We foment our Welsh tradition through Eisteddfod where we carry out sports competitions between parents and pupils.
» Parent participation in everyday School life, with storytelling, talking about their professions, musical events and the pupils’ preparation for Christmas events and sports exhibitions are very important and are valued very positively.
» We strengthen this relationship through Family Day. A fun day, full of performances, bouncy castles and balloon release where families are at the core.
» We carry out events of great local importance such as the Coleci Cup, a Padel Championship for the ECI Community.
» Families fully share our Mission, Vision and Values. They take an active part in School life, participating in various forums and communication channels to share their suggestions and comments. The English Centre understands the best way to develop pupil potential is by facilitating communication with our families. Meetings are held periodically with families and with AMPA, there are family-tutor forums, in-situ tutorials, a digital diary, circulars and an endless list of digital systems created exclusively for this task.(ECINET Platform)
» An extended time table, from 8:00am with the morning class to 5:15pm when classes finish, make it possible to work on all these values and principles, such as generosity, freedom, respect, honesty which families also transmit at home, from Early Years to Sixth Form.
» A Family Attention Service (SAF) specialised and individualised, available during the school day, to answer family enquiries.
» Teaching and learning takes place in a warm environment between teacher-tutor and families who, through tutorials and individualised family attention develop and complement the pupils’ education.
- D. Ramón Casbas Gómez – From 2015 to 2016 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. Manuel Ramírez del Águila – From 2005 to 2013. (Technical Director)
- D. Juan Álvarez Caperuza – From 1997 to 2005 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. Rafael Serrano Molina – From 1992 to 1997 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. Luís Miguel Jimeno Amorós – From 1990 to 1992 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. Andrés González Becerra – From 1989 to 1990 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. José Vaz Solís – From 1976 to 1987 (Pedagogical Director)
- D. Antonio Rodríguez Huertas – Managing Director to 2000.
- Mrs Linda Randell (Titular) – First School Years.
- Mr. Rafael Vera Tutor – Spanish Language Primary Teacher (1980-2019)
- Ms. Concepción Diaz Rivero – Librarian (1997-2018)
- Ms. Maribel Iglesias – Office Staff (2005-2016)
- Mme. Colette Bruneau – French teacher (1997-2014)
- Ms. Mª José Samper Galindo – Primary Teacher (1970-2014)
- Mr. Manuel Ramírez del Águila – Technical director (2005-2013)
- Ms. Cayetana Gil Sonales – Primary Teacher – (1983-2014)
- Ms. Josefina Yuste Palomeque –Early Years Teacher (1970-2013)
- Mr. Pepe Reyes Peinado – bus driver and external tasks (1975-2005)
- Ms. Rosa Olascoaga de Arrambide – Ms Arrambide – English Teacher (1997-2005)
- Mr. Antonio Rodríguez Huertas – Managing Director (1969-2000)