Spanish Language and Literature/Classics
- Spanish in 3, 4 and 5 year olds
- Spanish Language and Literature Primary Years 1 to 6
- Spanish Language and Literature Secondary Years 1 to 4
- Latin I (Lower Sixth)
- Latin II (Upper Sixth)
- Greek I (Lower Sixth)
- Greek II (Upper Sixth Form)
- Universal Literature (Lower Sixth Form)
- The Spanish Language and Literature/Classics is currently coordinating and working with the Itaca Reading Project.
- The Sixth Form Drama Workshop is also run by teachers from this Department.
- In charge of organising the ECI Short Story Competition and prepares and enters pupils in different local, regional, national and International literary competitions.
3.- Main activities:
- Visits to Literary Foundations, participation in Greek-Latin theatre events, Reading Day and Poetry Day Celebrations, the organisation of cultural trips in collaboration with other departments as well as various literary activities such as attending plays or storytelling.
Pupils are learning the following languages in our School: English, French and German, which enriches them as people because their culture increases due to the learning the language as well as the culture of the different countries and customs. Pupils do not only learn the language through the classes in our School, but also via linguistic exchanges with the corresponding countries.
- Foreign Language I (English)- Primary/Secondary/Sixth Form
- Foreign Language II (French/German)- Primary/Secondary/Sixth Form
2.- Main Activities:
- Cambridge University external English examinations:
- KET (key English Test)
- PET ( Prelilminary English Test)
- First Certificate in English
- Advanced in English
- Proficiency in English
- First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency English mock exam
- French external examination DELF (Diplôme d’études en Langue Française).
- German external Goethe Institut examination
- Linguistic and cultural exchange with school in England, Ballard School, in New Milton, Hampshire
- Linguistic and cultural exchange with school in France, Notre Dame de la Compassion in Pontoise, 30 km from Paris
- Linguistic and cultural exchange with school in Germany, Städtisches Gymnasium Herdecke, south of Dortmund.
- Interactive play in English for Primary and Secondary pupils.
- Story telling in English for Early Years and Primary pupils.
- Theatre play in English for Secondary Year 1 pupils.
- French Language Day Celebration.
- Natural Sciences Primary Years 1 to 6
- Mathematics Primary Years 1 to 6
- Mathematics Secondary Years 1 to 4
- Visual and Manual Arts Secondary Years 1 and 2
- Technology Secondary Years 2 and 3
- ICT Secondary Years 2 and 3
- Scientific Culture Secondary Year 4
- Biology and Geology Secondary Years 1, 3 and 4
- Physics and Chemistry Secondary Years 2, 3 and 4
- Mathematics option Natural Sciences Upper and Lower Sixth
- Mathematics Social Sciences Upper and Lower Sixth
- Biology and Geology Lower Sixth
- Biology Upper Sixth
- Physics and Chemistry Lower Sixth
- Physics Upper Sixth
- Chemistry Upper Sixth
- Technical Drawing Upper and Lower Sixth
- ICT Lower Sixth
The Sciences Department leans towards the achievement, in pupils, of a critical and reasoned judgment, through the different methodologies applied in School, placing special importance on scientific investigation projects. These projects are presented to external scientific competitions and events and more recently, to our own in- house competition, the winners are announced during our Science Day.
The core of the Mathuring Minds Project is established within this Department, including the UCMAS method in Primary, from year 2 to 6, as well as all the activities carried out in mathematics, mainly in the Primary to Sixth Form stages.
3.- Main Activities
Visits to the organisations and premises of scientific relevance within the Cadiz Bay region, participation in competitions and external scientific events and Olympics, Science Day celebration, collaboration with schools from other European countries to carry out joint scientific projects and cultural trips organised with other departments.
- Social Sciences Primary Years 1 to 6
- Citizenship Primary Year 5 and Secondary Year 3
- Social Sciences, Geography and History Secondary Years 1 to 4
- Philosophy Secondary Year 4 and Lower Sixth
- Enterprising Culture, Lower Sixth
- Economics Secondary Year 4, and Lower and Upper Sixth
- Introduction to Law Upper Sixth
- History of the Contemporary World Lower Sixth
- History of Philosophy Upper Sixth
- History of Spain Upper Sixth
- Geography of Spain Upper Sixth
- History of Art
- Audio-visuals: short films, etc.
- Family and History
- HistHoyra Project: recreation of historic habitat
- Mock elections
3.- Main Activities:
- Participation in multiple competitions and events: Model European Parliament, What is a king for you? ONCE, Hipolito Sancho Investigation Contest, young promises debates contest, etc.
- Primary Years 5 and 6 Camping trips
- Cultural Field Trips
- Prehistoric Workshop ERA
The Department works with music through A-Corde, a made to measure curriculum which has become a particular way of understanding music within our Educational Community.
We believe music develops abilities of communication, organisation, and linguistic, humanistic and artistic skills providing interactive attitudes at the same time as work and team ethics and creative, critical and independent thinking.
We are currently developing projects in the different stages:
1. Early Years
Our Know, Respect and Love Project stands out in Early Years. Our pupils learn, respect and value the different cultures we learn about through our songs and dances while developing musical skills.
2. Primary Years 1 to 4
We come across Be The Change You Want To See In The World, in these Primary year groups, in this project, our pupils create instruments with recycled material, use sign language in multiple songs and explore different ways of communicating though music. Pupils who play instruments offer short classes and auditions for their younger peers. Though this project, we use music as a social change tool.
3. Primary Years 5 and 6.
In this last phase, we come across the inclusive Choir. Beyond the official curriculum, all our pupils are members of the School Choir and take part in a wide range of musical and cultural activities. We would like highlight our participation in the Cantania Project (produced by the Barcelona Auditori), pioneers in Anadalucia in taking part.
4. Secondary Years 1 to 3
How?, When? and Why? It is the moment when our pupils, without abandoning musical practice, investigate the origins of current music. Pupils develop critical thinking and respect towards different artistic movements in space and time.
In parallel, the Music Department offers our pupils, as an extra-curricular activity, the opportunity to continue with their musical studies in our Music and Dance School.
3.- Main activities::
Apart from the Department activities and projects, Music is present in the various institutional activities carried our throughout the academic year:
- The Christmas Tree
- The Carol Concert
- The First Christmas
- The Nativity Play
- Peace Day
- Andalucía Day
- End of Year Concerts
- Family day
The Guidance Department is a space where guidance and tutorial tasks are dealt with, as well as the adapted and diversified curriculum, in accordance with the School Educational Project and each section’s Curricular Project.
The main objective is to collaborate with the members of the educational community to contribute to the pupil’s holistic and individualised learning, complying with the attention to diversity principle.
- Support for the Teaching-Learning Process
Our aim is to enable all actions (psycho-pedagogical, curricular evaluations etc.) and necessary guidance to ensure, based on information regarding each pupil’s personal situation (curricular and psycho-pedagogical), activities, strategies and appropriate tools to encourage pupils’ autonomy as well as the development of their learning potential
- Support for the tutorial action plan
One of the essential objectives is to support all educational action with pupils and parents regarding personal, academic, social counselling, group tutoring etc.
- Academic and professional guidance.
Regarding academic and professional guidance, our objective is for our pupils to acquire vocational maturity and decision making capacity, throughout the years, to opt for the options most adequate to their personal characteristics, hence achieving the life project they had set to achieve.
- Support for the Teaching-Learning Process
2.- Units of Action
- The whole school
- Management Team
- Pedagogical Coordination Team
3.- What is the main aim?
That the Guidance Department continues contributing to the improvement of the educational project and teaching in our School from the following perspectives:
- Innovative: stimulating and encouraging educational innovation proposals, at a teaching, methodological and organisational level
- Personalised: paying special attention to individuality, taking pupil diversity and characteristics into account.
- Integrating: encouraging and enabling the integration of the academic, personal and vocational objectives into the educational project, as well as social and professional development.
- Evaluadora. Asesorando al profesorado para llevar a cabo una valoración, lo más cercana posible, de las competencias básicas, actitudes, dificultades y avances del alumnado.
Some of them are: